Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tagged A Gazillion Years Ago

Megan tagged me weeks ago and I figured that since I still owe her some cookies (and Melanie and Lynn and Sarah still needs her Hershey's Kisses), I'd show some bloggy kindness and honor her tag.

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, at this moment, I was nearing the end of my last summer at Pine Springs. I was there with Melanie and Heather among others. Duncan was at CCO staff training and we were dating. We saw each other several times, since he was in Pittsburgh and I was in Jennerstown (only about two hours apart--the closest the long distance portion of our relationship ever was!). We were still within our first year of our dating relationship and, after having told me that he loved me in May, he was starting to express some doubts. (Rip my heart out, will you?) Needless to say, it was a heart-wrenching summer and next whole year for that matter! Good thing he figured it all out!


2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
-make eye doctor appointments for Amelie and me
-call psychiatrist's office about bill received in error (call me crazy, but I just KNOW I wrote a check at my visit!)
-sweep kitchen floor 50 times (or crunch on Cheerios, etc. every time I walk through the kitchen)
-laundry(always)
-call doctor about Linus or take him to the doctor if his fever persists

3) Snacks I enjoy:
-buttered toast with homemade strawberry jam
-chocolate
-tortilla chips
-anything chocolate
-veggies and dip
-pretty much anything that's got chocolate in it or on it or around it


4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Travel
Buy a house that had lots of space for entertaining.
Set up education accounts for my children and nieces and nephews.
Use it to give to the various missions that God puts in my path.

5) Places I have lived:
Bowie, MD
Morgantown, WV
Jennerstown, PA
State College, PA
Bowie, MD (yep, live in my home town)

6) Jobs I have had:
day care worker
pool snack bar attendant
Peebles Department store
medical records clerk in Maryland State Prisons
events ticket-taker at WVU
Pine Springs-kitchen staff, counselor, program support coordinator
bagel shop
5-6 grade math teacher
Girl Scout field director
6-8 grade foreign language teacher
mom and homemaker

I did something similar once before. It was fun to compare my answers!

Oh, and if anyone feels like doing this? Consider yourself tagged!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

chrissie k said...

wow. i remember that year too ;) what a wild year, aye?

Lynn said...

Yeah, those cookies will make a nice housewarming gift in a month or so.... :o)

Did you and Sarah ever realize that you both lived in WV? She'll have some stories for ya.

My first job was working at a day care too.