Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Rendez-Vous with Mr. Yuck

Amelie now "rests" in the afternoon, instead of napping. Could she still nap? Absolutely. Do we want her to be up until 10:00 every night? Absolutely not.
So today, while Amelie was "resting," I was gardening. (Or beginning the "how-long-can-plants-go-without-water-before-they-die" experiment.) She appeared at the screen door with a present for me. It was a picture on a sheet of her ducky notepad. My heart melted and I told her to get some shoes on and to come outside. As she approached me, arm outstretched, I noticed that her face wasn't quite right. The color orange was smeared on either side of her mouth. "What is that all over your face?" "Orange paint from my art supplies." (thanks again for the Christmas gift, Aunt Karen=))"Were you eating it?" "No, I was just licking it."
*sigh*
Needless to say, after a call to daddy and to poison control, I learned that orange pee and poop is all we have to look forward to. Amelie was scared out of her mind (sob, sob, "am I gonna die?" sob, sob) which hopefully taught her a lesson.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know this is gross, but i'm ding to know...was here poop really orange? poor kid.

Nancy said...

tammy-I just consulted with Duncan and neither have seen any orange poop. We have seen green, however, which made us (after the orange paint incident) check to see how much green paint was left. It was all pretty much there. And we thought we'd solved that mystery.

Anonymous said...

maybe the orange paint mixed with something to make green...lovely thought... :)

Nancy said...

Tammy-
You are too funny. I failed to mention that the green poop was weeks ago--before the orange paint eating incident.