Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear Netflix,

Please don't worry.  We'll be sending back that copy of Mary Poppins to you shortly.  I know we've had it since before Thanksgiving.  It's just that we really, really, really love it.  I don't know how many times we've watched it, either in part or in whole.  Our favorite scene is Step in Time.  Or maybe it's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.  No, no.  Surely it's I Love to Laugh.  That part is hilarious.  We love when Bert goes up to the ceiling.  But then there is Fidelity Fiduciary Bank.  That's my husband's favorite.  And his rendition makes us all love it.  We also really love One Man Band and Let's Go Fly a KiteThose are probably our favorites.  Or is it A Spoonful of Sugar?  Well, I imagine that you can see now why it is that we've had your copy of Mary Poppins since November.  We just love it too much to send it back to you.  The good news is, however, that we should be able to send it back to you early next week.  Our brand new copy of Mary Poppins is scheduled to be shipped by Amazon this Friday.  We did choose Super Saver Shipping, however, since you've been so kind in letting us keep your copy for so long.  What's a few more days, right?  You know, to save a few bucks?  Anywho, we really appreciate your willingness to share with us for so long.  We've thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, gaining a new appreciation for a classic movie, while bonding as a family.  Please know that when this disc is returned to you, it won't have warts or smell of barley water.  It will, however, be very sweet and fairly pretty.  And it will be sent with lots and lots of love.

Spitspot,
Nancy for all of the Saladas

7 comments:

Lea said...

Awesome. Michael and I both enjoy that movie as well, along with most other musicals! Our poor children.

Gotta love the Super Saver Shipping. Spit spot.

CA Skellys said...

wow, you've made me want to dig that movie out and show the kids! They love Step in Time on one of their sing along videos.

ChrisandMissy said...

Oh Nancy, you tugged my heart and purse strings...I must get this for Anna (and our whole family) immediately! I forgot how much I loved that movie...

Sweet November said...

Fun! Hey, any interest in going to camp this year...as campers!!! I'm thinking Moms and Tots Week 1 - June 13-16. My mom's going to watch Lydia.

Mrs. Fix said...

Nancy, you are practically perfect in everyway! Whatta cute post. I've been thinking about that movie a lot with the London trip coming up... I keep asking Susanna questions like "Do people still draw chalk pictures on the ground in the park?" "Is the Feed The Birds church St. Pauls?!"

Jodi said...

We love it, too! It's so crazy long, though! We rarely make it past the penguin waitors in one viewing, which definitely makes that my *least* favorite scene since we have to restart it there and I end up seeing that part twice for every time we watch the movie :)
PS Happy birthday!!!

KLR said...

Mary Poppins was my absolute favorite movie as a child! My mom said she had the whole thing memorized since I watched it over and over.