Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

The morning after my birthday, Duncan let me sleep in pretty late.  After being awake for an hour or so, he mentioned that I needed to take a shower and get dressed in something fairly nice.  Why, I asked?  He wouldn't let on to any details.  I accidentally knew about something that my sweet friend, Lynn, had going on as a birthday surprise for me, but I knew no details including when or what or where.  So, I inquired if this was "the thing with Lynn" and he cut me off and told me to get in the shower.
So I did and was picked up by Lynn shortly there after.  We had a long, luxurious car ride to our destination.
 
Oh, and our destination?
Now if you know Lynn, you know she all about teas:  hosting teas, attending teas and tea houses, planning teas, drinking teas.  Yep, she's a tea aficionado, if you like.  And having heard good things about this particular tea room, she wanted to try it out.  And surprise me for my birthday at the same time!  How sweet is that?



Any establishment with a purple door has to be good.



I loved this bucket of tea dishes that adorned the garden.



A tad too chilly to enjoy the rocking chairs--maybe next time!



The front porch was decorated with wintery greens.  Can you see those wall hangings?



They spell out "tea!"  How cute is that?



This is the window by which we sat.



And there we are on the other side of that window!
It was a lovely afternoon and a lovely surprise.
And even more so, Lynn is such a lovely friend!
Thank you, dear Lynn!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

It was, indeed, a lovely day. Happy Birthday, sweet friend. I love you.