Thursday, October 30, 2008

For the Record

Weaned? 100%
Teeth? 6
Current number of bruises on his head? 4
Cruising? like crazy
Letting go? a lot (hence the bruises)
Walking? only when holding two fingers
naps? 2
words? 5--mommy, hi, bye bye, bread, more(sign)
likes? eating daddy's homemade bread, bellybuttons, cell phones, wrestling with his sisters, climbing stairs
dislikes? vacuums, waiting for food, not being held after waking up, going to bed without his sisters
weight? about 22 lbs
sleeping through the night? more and more often


14 months.
14 months?

Really?


Can someone please tell me where the time has gone?


2 comments:

Annie said...

great update!
trouble sleeping through the night?! Sorry to hear that. Does he share a room with the other two?

About the cake--
I used a square pan I already had for the bottome layer and actually baked it two different times with two batches (would have been a cool opportunity to make one layer a diff. type of cake) because I wanted the base to be tall but only had one pan this shape. My plan B was to do two or three 9x13 cakes and cut off the one side to make squares. You just want it as tall as possible, so you might have to do 3 layers if you use a 9x13. For the top part, I think I poured the rest of the batter into a glass bread-sized pan and cut it in half and stacked that together. I have a FABULOUS chocolate homemade cake recipe that is super moist and easy to ice, if you want it.
I see Violet has a birthday coming up soon! I'd be glad to talk with you more about it, but I'm sure you can figure something out. I didn't follow a pattern. I just went with the picture and improvised when necessary. Anyway, I was SOOOO impressed with your Ariel cake and wished I could do something like that for Sophie. :)
~annie

Lynn said...

Creative way to do an update. He just keeps getting cuter!!!