Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Road Trips and Field Trips and Trips to the Potty





Thanks for your prayers for our trip this past weekend. The kids did well on both the trip up and the trip back. On the way there, however, we hit major traffic trying to get out of town. It took us two hours to get an hour away--ugh! It's so discouraging to start a trip like that! After we got an hour away in two hours, we stopped for dinner. When we started up again, it was a relatively uneventful and productive trip.
(Oh, and Lisa, we were headed to Central PA, not Western PA. Next time we're headed your way,however, we should try and hook up!)

Yesterday was Amelie's first field trip with her preschool class. They went to a local farm to visit their pumpkin patch. I went so I could experience this with her. It killed me to think she'd experience something like this without me! It was also fun to get to know the nine other children in her class, the teachers and some of the other moms. Grandma babysat Linus (along with Violet) for the first time (for about three hours) and he did just fine! She didn't even need to feed him. I fed him right before I left and right when I got back. It worked out really well.

In other exciting news, Violet seems to be potty training herself! I don't think I've changed a poopy diaper of hers in over a week! She lets us know when she has to go by saying "poopy potty." Sometimes she also pees, but that hasn't been her focus, so to speak. I'm certainly not deluded into thinking this is it, but I'm excited at the possibility that she'll be trained by her second birthday which is in February. I'm also not doing anything active about it (ie. putting her in underwear) since I have a six week old. Any advice from anyone about this topic would be much appreciated.

No comments: