Monday, August 20, 2007

A Fresh Perspective

As my little boy hiccups, I'm marveling at the wonders a good night's sleep can do for someone in my situation. I didn't let on yesterday, but I DID NOT sleep well on Saturday night for a few reasons. I was kept on the monitor all night AND they started another IV. The nurse heard something "funny" with the baby's heartbeat and was essentially freaked out by it. Which, in turn, kind of freaked me out, understandably, I think. It turned out to be nothing that lasted, for which I'm grateful, and it seemed to be much more drama than was necessary. The frustrating thing to me was that it never would have been an issue if I were home, since I don't hook myself up to a fetal monitor three times a day while I'm there and it had nothing to do with the placenta previa. (Whoa, major run on.) So needless to say, I feel much better about things today. We're on Day 14 and that means 9 days until the c-section. Hmmmm, come to think of it, things sound better every day. As always, thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Nancy,
A friend from our old church in Ohio was on bedrest for 3 months with her triplets. I know it was so hard for her! She was so glad when the babies finally could come safely. We're thinking of you and praying for the rest of your time to go quickly!! :) Lisa