Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, Violet Ella!

I can't believe that my sweet Violet Ella turned two today. We had a very relaxed day, completely at home, to celebrate. The day started at an early 6:45 at which time she opened presents--





The evening included a birthday dinner of hot dogs, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, and kiwis. Can you tell what Violet loves to eat? We were joined by my parents and our freighbors (friends who were our friends before they were our neighbors)William and Lucy along with their parents. We also had what Violet has been waiting for all week: a Pooh cake! She actually blew out a candle all by herself, right when we were done singing!
Here she is wiping her mouth with her Pooh napkin, like a big girl.
Here's my first attempt at cake decorating using the bag and tips. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out! And most importantly, Violet LOVED it!
Over all, Violet had a great day, playing with her new toys and being around some of the people she loves most in the world. She's such a sweetie and I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for her!

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

Happy Birthday, Violet!

Love the cake, Nancy. You did an awesome job!! :)

Lynn said...

She is NOT two! Oh my goodness, she is getting all big on us while we are away! Happy Birthday sweet girl! Love the cake. I am aspiring to do a teddy bear cake for Adeline's birthday in a few weeks.

Sweet November said...

Awesome cake! I'm so impressed with the Pooh! Happy Birthday smiley girl!

Mrs. Fix said...

your cake is fabulous. now I understand why amelie is so good at mouse cupcakes - it's in her genes!