Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Favorite

Nine years ago today on June 17, 2000, at 9:30 in the morning (yes, 9:30 in the morning) Duncan and I met at the church where I grew up and were married. It was a hot, sticky morning complete with a lot of sunshine. The inevitable June afternoon thunderstorm held off until we were all safely in the reception hall, fortunately.

It was a beautiful day. A beautiful wedding. And more importantly, it's been a beautiful marriage. A beautiful life together.

Shortly after I met Duncan on June 8, 1995, I knew that if he wasn't the man I married, that he'd be just like him. I pined away for him (truth be told) until the Fall of 1997 when we started dating. I struggled through nearly two years of dating a very indecisive man. He broke up with me in mid-June 1999 and proposed just 13 days later. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. We're living proof! We were married just under a year after that proposal and the rest is a wonderful history.

It's been a wild and crazy ride and I'm thankful for (nearly) every minute of it.

And for your viewing pleasure, I've scanned my very favorite picture of my Favorite and I from that marvelous day. I love our wedding photos but this is the only one that's ever been on prominent display. It's also the one that went into the newspaper. I just love it. It shows how truly happy we are! But I love that man in it exponentially more!


Happy 9th Anniversary, My Favorite! Here's to 99 more!

Love,

7 comments:

chrissie k said...

It WAS a lovely day! So fun to celebrate that day with you 9 years ago -- and continuing to celebrate the MANY years to come. I think those 13 days of break-up were the worst fiscal days for Advent too... poor sad, grumpy Duncan :) Love you guys. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you!

Sweet November said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, I remember the lovely day well too! (As well as the 13 days of break-up through which God worked wonderously in many lives, including mine.) May the Lord bless you as you and your household continue to follow Him. Love yiens guys!

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary! Sweet post with a sweet picture. We're really glad Duncan picked you....you make beautiful children together. Adeline agrees....

"The Saladas!!!!!"

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a very sweet entry.
You two are very special...we are blessed to have you in our church family and I am blessed to have you as friends. :)

PS--Your new picture of the kids at the top is BEAUTIFUL!

Sweet November said...

PS I answered your questions on my blog in the comments.

Nick said...

I grew up in that church too Nancy. It was where I first fell in love with liturgy and english boxwoods. I'm sure it was a beautiful wedding.

Mrs. Fix said...

Cheers! And I love the new header!