Friday, June 08, 2007

12th Anniversary

Speaking of milestones, I'm pretty sure it was 12 years ago today that I met my sweet husband. "Who's that one with the long hair? He's cute." These were just some of the thoughts that went through my head that evening. We actually met playing elbow tag. (Highly fun, by the way, for those of you that work with youth.) He linked onto me. "Hi, I'm Duncan." "I'm Nancy." And that was it. Later on in that evening, we played a game that required everyone to lay down in a field, parallel to one another. The the first person began rolling over everyone and each subsequent person followed suit. I think it's called steamroller. He apologized to me numerous times after that game, telling me that he must have hurt me at the way I sounded as he went over me. I do remember it being an awfully uncomfortable game, in more ways than one, but I didn't remember any one person hurting me in any particular way. So that's how it began. We were at camp staff orientation, by the way, for those of you who don't know how we met and were wondering why a 19 year old girl and and a 21-year old boy were playing such games.
It would be nearly two and a half years before we began dating and just over five years before me were married. I know he'll make fun of me for remembering this. But I can't help it.

2 comments:

Sweet November said...

An it's been 10 years that we've know each other! I met you when you visited camp that summer. One of my earlist memories of you was sitting around Lisa's kitchen table at a Sr. Staff meeting and you commenting on it being Patty P/S's wedding night. :) Remember?

Nancy said...

I do remember that conversation! What silliness! So that means we worked together 9 years ago! Can you believe we haven't been on PSC staff in 9 years? That also means some of our Springboarders could be on staff within the next year or so! Insanity.