I know my readership has been sitting on the edge of their seats. Ya know, wondering, if we ever came home from vacation. I can tell by all the comments that you've left me showing your concern.
So, if I'd blogged over the last two months, this is what you would have read about...1. Great Wolf Lodge ROCKS! It costs A LOT of money, but was so enjoyable. I believe they have pretty good deals during the school year (hello, homeschoolers!) But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with kids younger than mine. Unless they're fish.
2. Violet wanted to become one of "Mr. Powell's girls" in Williamsburg. But she needs to wait until she's 16. She's still talking about it. We bought Linus a musket. A toy one that is.
3. We took a carriage ride around Williamsburg. Violet loved all of the craftspeople. Especially the blacksmith. It was 100 degrees the two days we walked around.
4. Linus busted his chin at Great Wolf Lodge, but got Dermabond and no stitches. So he could keep swimming.
5. Duncan and I went on dates EVERY NIGHT WE WERE IN WILLIAMSBURG! How luxurious is that? My parents gladly stayed in while kiddos were sleeping.
6. We came home and within hours greeted a family of six, The Armes of California, who stayed with us for the weekend! It was a blast! The Culps joined us for the day on Saturday. (Holla!)
7. We celebrated our friend, Anna's, fourth birthday with her at her beautiful new home!
8. We had to say goodbye to our cousin/nanny, Megan, after a fabulous summer together. We miss her=(.
9. Linus turned three on August 29th. He had a baseball birthday. There were hot dogs. There were peanuts. There were crackerjacks. And there were many of his most favorite people on the planet.
10. Amelie got sick with a fever/sore throat virus, so we couldn't go to OCMD for Labor Day weekend. We missed time with our dear friends, the Rohals, but got loads done, including cleaning out (most) of our garage!
11. Penn State Football began! (and we've got cable to prove it!)
12. Amelie started first grade on Tuesday, September 7th. All day for the first time! She's doing so well and LOVING every minute of it!
13. On the very same day, I started homeschooling Violet and Linus for pre-school. I came up with goals for each, lesson plans, and a basic framework for our day. It's very simple, but I'm already seeing some of those goals on their way to being met.
14. We got to celebrate our freighbor, Georgia's, first birthday!
15. Violet, Linus, and I went to a story time at the National Aquarium, where we have a membership. It was great fun!
16. Violet got a stomach bug, which made it so we weren't able to go to back-to-back birthday parties for our friends Rock and Linnea.
17. Duncan and I got to go on our annual date night to a National's Game.
18. Amelie started taking cello lessons, which means we are now proud renters of a quarter-sized cello! She's ECSTATIC!
And that about catches us up. Blogging has become something on my "TO DO" list, and while I want to still do it, I don't want it to feel like a burden. My "Homemade Summer" series was burdensome for me. In fact, I still have several posts for it in the queue. Perhaps I'll get to them in a flashback or some such device. For now, we'll all have to be satisfied with now and then. And for your viewing pleasure. Can you match up the pictures with their corresponding statement above?
So, I know you've been DYING for a new post, so as to have a reason to leave a comment. Go for it, y'all!!!