Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Father's Day: Game Four With Nancy

This happened so long ago, that we've had another date night since. It's just how blogging is going to go for now, I guess.
Duncan and I completed his Father's Day gift by attending one of the Nationals' last home games of the season. We spent a lot of time eating which is how we like our baseball games--full of junk food. We documented our food experiences:

sausage and peppers

chicken nachos

some funnel cake

and a peanut (one of many. This was just an ode to Violet.)

And just to prove that it wasn't all about the food, here's a little baseball shot. Or would that be shotty baseball?
Abe showed up in our section, after losing the Presidential Race.

He paused for a minute to let me have my photo taken with him.

customary self-portrait

score board

And one more self-portrait on the way to the Metro station.
While the Nats lost and there were countless horrible plays, it was an exciting and close game overall. We had a good time and look forward to spending many summer (and early fall) evenings at the baseball game in the future.

And for a little trip down Father's Day memory lane, click on the links below:
Duncan receiving his gift on Father's Day morning.
Game One with Amelie.
Game Two with Violet.
Game Three with Linus.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Where are the matching jackets!?!?!

Nancy said...

It was too hot this year!

Erin said...

haha...I see I see. I better see them next time :-) Love you !

Mrs. Fix said...

Abe is by far the best president so I'm glad you got to give him a hug. Looks like a fun time. I'm also glad you got to have a nice date with your husband!