Monday, December 08, 2008

Luxury is...

Violet and Linus playing contentedly in their seats while Amelie quietly read Boxcar Children as I cleaned up the lunch dishes and did yesterday's hand washing. (Luxury is also a husband who at least partially empties the dishwasher nearly every morning before he leaves for work. Have I ever mentioned I loathe emptying the dishwasher almost more than anything?) Now, Amelie is helping Violet color Christmas ornaments while Linus plays happily on the floor. Life is not usually this calm. While I love all of the craziness that life with three small children brings, I'm thankful for little moments like these when they sneak up on me. God is so good to me. And now, the someone that just crawled up next to me smells like he needs a change.

1 comment:

ChrisandMissy said...

Very sweet, Nancy. I know that feeling when everything suddenly is serene and you're amazed at how blessed you are. I also can relate to when a sweet little one toddles up next to you and with a single whiff brings you out of your reverie. =)