Saturday, September 01, 2007

What's in a name?

I'm sure some of you are wondering where the name came from. As with our other two children (Amelie Muriel and Violet Ella), Linus' first name is one that we like and his middle name is one of his great-grandparents' middle names. Duncan's paternal grandfather, Maurice Victory Salada, was born on November 11, 1918. For those of you that aren't up on your history, that is THE day that The War to End All Wars, also know as World War I, ended. Grandfather was given the middle name Victory to commemorate the day on which he was born. We thought that was really cool and so we decided to use it. In light off the circumstances of my pregnancy with him and our birth experience with him, I feel it has many meanings, that I'm sure you can imagine.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I really enjoyed reading this post about Linus' name. I am sorry to hear about Duncan's grandfather's passing. It sounds like he is a great man to be a namesake for Linus. Ironically, we received Linus' birth announcement in the mail today. Thanks for including us. :)