Friday, October 17, 2008

Backyard 'afari...WVU style

The girls love to play (s)afari in our back yard. It usually involves backpacks and walking sticks. Most recently, it involved West Virginia University (my alma mater) apparel. (Thanks again, McDermotts!)

We're headed to good ole Morgantown in a few weeks. We're attending a retirement party (you going to be there Karen B.?) and visiting our nephew Patrick who is a freshman this year. We can hardly wait!

"Beat 'em, bust 'em, that's our custom!
West by God Virginia!"

3 comments:

Lisa said...

When are you going to be in Morgantown? We're only an hour away!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO NOT TELLING JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM NOT SHARING YOU WITH ANYONE SO SAVE US SEATS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OKAY, HOW CAN WE GET TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH YOU THAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
WE HAVE A CONFERENCE UNTIL 3:30 THAT DAY SO WE ARE JUST GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONE SQUEALING OUTLOUD. I WANT TO SIT RIGHT BETWEEN YOUR GIRLS WHILE HOLDING LINUS ALL THE WHILE COMPLETELY DOMINATING YOUR TIME THE ENTIRE NIGHT. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Nancy said...

Karen,
You're hilarious! What's REALLY funny, is that I can't find your phone number or e-mail address, so this is the only way I have to communicate with you!
If you have my number or e-mail, drop me a quick line, so we can be linked in that way and "make a plan." Are you bringing your kids? Are you spending the night in Motown? No, of course you're not, since John has to work on Sunday morning and you like so stinkin' close!
We'll just have to relish the time we have, my sweet friend! Can hardly wait!!