Friday, July 25, 2008

Houston, We Have Mobility

After months of slight anxiety that he would never crawl mixed with gratefulness to God that he wasn't moving yet, since it made life easier, Linus, at just under 11 months, has begun to show off his new mad skill.

CRAWLING

On Monday morning, after what I like to call The Three Weeks of Craziness (two weeks of swimming lessons followed by a week of VBS chased by a whirlwind trip to our family reunion), I plopped him down on the floor and off he went.
Is he very fast? No, not yet. But he is a danger to himself in that he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I go through a mental check list, making sure all things dangerous are out of his reach, whenever I place him on the ground.

Doll shoes?
check
buttons for hiding?
check
hair thingies?
check
gross shoes that he might gnaw on?
check
You get the picture.
This week, I have been awakened to a new phase in life:
Three Mobile Children.
Scary! Pray for me, please.



Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i hate to say it, but walking is so much worse. i thought i couldn't wait for tate to walk so i wouldn't have to carry him so much. now he is climbing on everything--even trying to climb out of his crib. my mental checklist involves anything tate might try to climb up and pull over on himself.

Lynn said...

awww...look at him go!

Anonymous said...

"All of A Kind Fmaily" - one of my favorite books ever!!
Good Luck! Now you arfe really out numbered!!
Karen